Sunday, October 18, 2009

Festival Times

Friday night was my last ever school festival and boy was it busy. The action kicked off at 4.30pm with the first annual ‘original song writers competition’.  After being pressured by a lot of my friends and family, I decided to enter just for laughs. There were some great prizes up for grabs including music shop vouchers up to $200 and first prize – a free recording of your song, so I thought to myself ‘Why not?’. I pondered over what song to enter and finally decided upon the song I wrote for my cert III class ‘Say it Again’. I was up first, which was a little nerve racking, but I had some of my wonderfully talented friends (Melanda and Danielle) singing with me and my little Bro playing the guitar.  There are some amazingly gifted kids at my school so I really didn’t expect anything. But I ended up winning!! So I’ll be recording sometime soon!! I’ll keep you up to date with all of that and let you know how it goes.

Next up on my schedule of events was my last ever cert III performance. My band Four |on |One performed 4 songs: ‘Steal my Kisses’, ‘In the Jungle’ transitioned into ‘I Can See Clearly Now’, ‘Naive’ and ‘Man in the Mirror’.

band

naive

me

I’ll upload a video of ‘Man in the Mirror’ a bit later for your viewing pleasure because I’ve been told that it was our best song.

I didn’t get to do much more after that, apart from some very silly photos taken with my friends which will be appearing on my blog at a later date.

Hope everyone’s Friday night was as fun as mine!

Love Alexie.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com